Tuesday 1 January 2019

Sepia Saturday 450

Well it's not Saturday, but anyway I thought I'd share some Christmas / New Year items from the collection.  Hope you enjoy them... Happy 2019!




 An embroided postcard from World War I from my great grandfather's collection.  Wishing us a "Victorious New Year 1918".

The album is still packed away so I don't know if there is anything written on the back.  There are many of these such cards in the collection.


 A Christmas and New Year greeting from World War II, complete with a quote from the great Sir Winston.

Another card from the collection of PV Nash.  

A family photo taken at "Mayfield", Skipton on Christmas Day 1962.

At the head of the table, to the left is my great grandfather, Percy Victor Nash.  To his right, my great grandmother, Georgina May Nash (nee Bunston).  Going around the table from the left with relationship to PV & GM Nash: Grandsons John and Graeme Morris; daughter Muriel Morris (nee Nash); son Percy Nash; grandson Brent Nash; daughter in law Hilda Nash (nee Smith) and granddaughter Eleanor Nash (married name Kissick).




A change of family for the last photo (I know, right!)

Here is Sandria Butterworth and her little sister Katheryn, with the big man himself. Photo is circa 1950, likely taken in Manchester, England.

The girls would migrate to Australia with their parents, Samuel and Annie (nee Taylor).  Katheryn would go on to marry Barry Gratton and have three boys.  Many Santa photos later, I married the second of these three boys.  Making the darling little Katheryn my mother in law.

2 comments:

  1. The Santa photo is extra special! He had quite a beard and the girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very strange how the good wishes for 1918 and 1940 appear through the lens of history. Somehow Father Christmas's unsophisticated costume seems more faithful and honest to the spirit of the holiday. All the best wishes to you for 2019.

    ReplyDelete